Few more days ’til Christmas…still can’t decide on what to prepare for the Noche Buena? When we were given a challenge creating our own Noche Buena Recipe by using Jolly gift basket given to us.
I thought of doing a simple dish ideal for snacks or dinner.
Jolly Cream of Mushroom Meatball Pasta
1 pack Al Dente Penne Regate (cooked as per Packaging instruction)
½ kilo ground pork
½ kilo ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped finely
1 medium carrot, chopped finely
1 bundle celery stalk, chopped finely
½ cup evaporated milk
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. salt
½ cup oil
For the sauce:
2 tbsp butter
1 can button mushroom (you can use shitake mushroom)
1 can cream of mushroom
½ cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for meatballs except oil.
2. Form golf ball size meatballs.
3. Shallow fry meatballs. Set aside.
4. Lower the heat. Using the same oil, add butter. Let it melt.
5. Put mushrooms.
6. Pour cream of mushroom and water.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Put fried meatballs.
9. Mix until meatballs are well coated.
10. Mix Pasta with the Meatball Sauce!
Happy Cooking! and Merry Christmas everyone! 😀